Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Revised Plan, Summary, Update

Over the weekend I went to the Garden State mall to gather information on how many I children I saw carrying electronic devices. Unfortunately, I didn't allow myself enough time to gather all of the information I needed, so I will be going back a week day when the mall is sightly less busy. I have also started to formulate questions for the survey I will electronically distribute to parents, such as:

  • At what age should a child be permitted to have a cell phone?
    • a) 4 - 8 years
    • b) 9 - 12 years
    • c) 13 and up
    • d) Children should not have cell phones
  • How many hours does your child spend watching television/on the computer/on their phone?
    • a) 2 hours
    • b) 4 hours
    • c) 5+ hours
    • d) I do not keep track
  • Do you think electronic devices (i.e. iPads, cell phones, computers, etc.) should replace traditional young children's toys?
    • a) Yes- it gives children the opportunity to gather more information and explore a wider variety of topics
    • b) No- children should play with traditional toys when they are young
    • c) There should be a balance between traditional toys and electronic devices

No comments:

Post a Comment